Never leave your lit candles unattended, and do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time. Always burn candles away from drafts, heat sources, and ANYTHING flammable. Make sure burning candles are out of reach from children and pets. Always burn candle within sight.
When you light your candle for the first time, burn the candle until the wax melts across the entire surface up to the sides of the jar to prevent tunneling. Soy wax candles have memory. Every time you light and relight your candle, it will only melt the part that was previously melted. This will create an even burn for the duration of the candle's lifespan. This may take up to 2-4 hours, but it will definitely make your candle last longer.
Avoid placing your candles in directly exposed sunlight areas. Always store your candle in a dark, cool, dry place. This will extend your Kisses by Suga candle life.
To get the most out of your candle, trim your wick to 1/4" using scissors or wick trimmers before every lighting. This promotes a safe, steady and even burn to prevent your wick from mushrooming which causes soot.
Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, dust, and debris at all times. Wipe it down with a clean damp cloth if dust do get on the top layer of your candle.
For maximum scent throw (fragrance), keep windows and doors closed and burn in desired space for 30 minutes. Opening the doors and windows will spread the scent.
Don't burn your candle if 1/2" of candle wax remains. It's time to let go! Lighting a candle without enough wax can overheat the jar. This is a safety practice you should use for all candles.
Once your candles is finished, clean out the jar! You can reuse it for whatever you'd like.
Kisses by Suga candles are made from natural soy wax, as a result sometimes it may dry with a rough, uneven surface and sometimes it will dry smooth as glass. Also, with the different heat temperatures and environment, adhesion (wet spots) may occur. The good news is that it does not affect the performance of your Kisses by Suga candle.